Develop your skills as a volunteer manager with this five-week course, covering the skills you need to better manage volunteers in your organisation. This course is delivered via a combination of online tutorials and practical assignments, making it perfect for learners who can’t take time off to spend in classrooms.
By the end of the course you will gain two nationally recognised units in volunteer management.
Who is this online course suitable for?
This course is ideal for anyone who currently manages volunteers in their organisation and would like to develop and improve their management skills. It is also suitable for anyone who is new to managing volunteers and is looking for a solid foundation of management skills for recruiting and supporting an unpaid workforce.
What will this online course cover?
The Aim Awards in Volunteer Management course takes place over 5 weeks and is designed to cover all of the skills and knowledge required for anyone whose role involves managing volunteers.
Throughout the course you will participate in weekly online tutorials and complete assignments online based on the everyday work you do with volunteers. You will be supported by a tutor every step of the way, and you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share your own ideas.
The course is based on two units from an accredited management course, focussing specifically on the elements that are relevant to volunteer managers:
- Roles, responsibilities and rights of volunteers
- Approaches to volunteer recruitment
- Keeping your volunteers
Supporting, managing and developing volunteers
- Best practice in supporting volunteers
- Motivating volunteers and reviewing performance
- Developing the skills of your volunteers
- Resolving conflict
- You will need to demonstrate English at level two before starting the course. The trainer will contact you during the booking process to confirm your suitability. If you do not have an English qualification then you can complete a short assessment before the course
- Participants will be required to take part in a number of online tutorials so access to a laptop or computer with an internet connection and an audio output to listen to the tutor is essential.
- If you have any specific requirements, please let us know during booking.
Terms and conditions
Please note that by booking you agree to our terms and conditions. The terms and conditions include information about costs and cancellations, so please review them before booking.
Book your place
To book, please select your preferred date from the list below.