Voluntary Action Leicestershire and voluntary and community groups work together to support children, young people and families in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Recently government funding cuts have affected local groups resulting in a reduction in support services for children. Local authorities have prioritised the most important services to limit the impact of reduced funding.
It is vital that the voluntary and public sector work together to develop improved services that meet the government's main focus areas:
- ending child poverty
- early years learning, families
- safeguarding, health and well-being
- special education needs
What is VAL doing?
VAL has formed the Children, Young People and Families Forum for Leicester and Leicestershire to:
- come together to share information
- encourage wider engagement with the local authorities
- develop greater partnership approaches and solutions for the needs of local children, young people and families
Our work with Children Young People and Families
- We work as part of the Supporting Leicestershire Families partnership in Leicestershire
- We work with Leicester City Council to deliver Think Family Leicester City
- We run the Children, Young People and Families Forum to allow voluntary and community organisations from across the City and County to talk directly to decision-makers and work on shared initiatives
Contact the VAL Helpline for information and support running your group.
- News & events
- What we do
- Forums & Voice
- Group support