Last financial year, VAL supported Leicestershire’s voluntary and community organisations to raise £1,494,959 of funding from various funders including statutory and trust funders.
How we can help you
We offer a wide range of support to voluntary and community organisations to access and obtain funding. These are the specific areas where we provide advice and support:
- developing project plans
- researching funds
- structuring funding and tender bids
- read and review of draft funding applications and tender bids
- diversifying income through income generation and fundraising
We also have a wide range of resources and 'how to guides' available from our Online Resource Centre.
Find funding opportunities
- Leicestershire Funding Toolkit - This is a free online searchable database of funding opportunities. VAL recommend this tool as it enables you to tailor your search, easy to use and is updated on a regular basis.
- J4b Grants - You can register for free to use the j4b online database to search for funders. You can also register for weekly funding updates to be sent to your email address.
Contact the VAL Helpline for information and support running your group.
Read our guide to Funding
Are you a funder?
If you are a funder who has current grant programmes or funding opportunities and wish to advertise those opportunities, or deliver a briefing on a programme, please contact the Helpline 0116 2575050.
- News & events
- What we do
- Forums & Voice
- Group support