This session will give you practical guidance on how to set up a mentoring and befriending programme that is safe and effective.
Who is this web conference suitable for?
The session would be of help to anyone within existing projects wishing to run a mentoring and befriending project. This might be staff or volunteers within not-for-profit organisations.
What does the web conference cover?
- Different models of mentoring/befriending projects that are available
- Policies and procedures that you will need in place
- How to run an effective referral system for your project
The session will use as a reference point the Approved Provider Standard (APS) for Mentoring and Befriending Projects.
How does a web conference work?
Once you have booked onto the web conference you will receive an invitation via email with a link to the course. Simply click the link on the date of the course to take part.
- You will need access to the Internet and to be able to hear sound through your computer.
- Participants will require a reasonable understanding of English.
- To access this course free of charge you will need to be currently working for a voluntary or community organisation based in Leicester or Leicestershire. Organisations who do not meet these requirements will be asked to pay.
If you have any particular requirements, please call 0116 257 5001 to discuss them.
Terms and conditions
Please note that by booking you agree to our terms and conditions. The terms and conditions include information about costs and cancellations, so please review them before booking.